This weekend my familiy went to some kind of fair on the waterfront in Portland. For the most part, it was standard: Carnival rides, people selling ultra cheap sunglasses, free Lays potato chips, tons of greasy food available...you get the picture. But, this weekend at the Handmade NW booth, somebody really grabbed my attention. Portlander Super Alisa sat at her table typing (real typing-on a type writer) on handmade and, I believe, finger painted paper. She was making snarky cards. As I shuffled through some of them, I saw that they were hilarious, mean, and *oh, there's one to address "Dear Self"...I lover her cards. If I had been on my game, I would have shuffled through all of them and picked one for my husband. Our anniversary is this week. Instead, I ran after one of my kids who was dangerously near some expensive glass balls.
So, this morning I visited her blog www.superalisa.com and found the one that's just right. I don't think it will get here in time for us to not celebrate, but it's still funny and a real kick in the pants.
*Note: she also does custom cards. This is a brilliant idea. See Super Alisa next time you need to get something off your chest.
No comments:
Post a Comment